MNCs: Multi National Corporations
- The subsidiary companies of an MNC around the world are
referred to as an MNC Network.
MRCs: Middle Ranking Countries
- Largely around the Mediterranean, and some
countries colonised by Europeans and controlled
- Generally regarded as part of the developed world,
but not up with the Post Industrials.
LDCs: Less Developed Countries
- Countries which are developing
- principally certain Asian and S American countries
UDCs: Under Developed Countries
- At the lowest economic level, with a veneer
of western technology largely in the hands
of the rulers. Largely non-free societies,
which may not develop at all, and may show contraction.
Post Industrial Countries
- N. America and NW Europe; basically European
Societies which will be moving into the Post
Industrial state during the early part of this
century. Was thought to include Japan, but
faded in 1990s. Japan copied manufacturing processes making
then more efficient - but may have difficulty in going beyond
that, having quite a primitive structure (see
CM: The Computer-Media
- Networks of computers linkages which form channels
for flows of information in several directions,
while at the same time being processed and obtaining
action. Click for more info.
To return to the page you came from click Back.
To return to your Contents page click your URL password
(drop down menu below the current URL).